When you’re stuck in a recession, how do you manage your budget?

The Ontario government is offering a three-week cash injection of $100 million to the provinces to ease the blow of the province’s economic crisis.

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne announced the announcement Tuesday, just one day after the provincial government announced that it would spend $1.4 billion in an attempt to reverse the country’s worst recession since the Great Depression.

Ontario Finance Minister Charles Sousa told reporters that $100-million would be dedicated to help with a variety of government operations and help to rebuild businesses and industries.

It was also announced that the government would set aside $40 million for a social and economic program that will help businesses and individuals to re-establish their finances and regain confidence.

The government will also spend $100,000 to create a community-based economic development plan to help local businesses and residents recover from the impact of the recession.

“I think it is an opportunity for Ontarians to get back to work, to invest and create jobs and businesses, and to get their families back to the place they were when the recession hit,” Sousas said.

Wynne also announced a plan to build a new bridge over the Ottawa River, to replace a bridge that was damaged in a flood last year, and a plan for a new, $5 million community health center in the north and south ends of the city.

“It is going to be a bridge of hope for those who have been left behind and it will be a good place for those with disabilities, for people who have lost their jobs, for those in need of support and it is going, we’re going to get those folks back to their families,” Wynne said.

Soussas said the money would be used to repair infrastructure, pay for new equipment and help build a social media marketing network.

The provincial government also announced it would be investing $2 million in a program to promote the use of social media in the province.

The program, dubbed the Ontario Social Media Program, will be funded through a public-private partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Trade.

The province announced earlier this month that the social media strategy will begin with a $500,000 grant program for social media companies to advertise their products and services in the first three months of the plan.

The Ontario Social Networking Network is expected to provide 1,000 direct and indirect jobs for people with disabilities through the program, according to a release.

Wynne added that the plan will also be aimed at helping people who lost their job due to the recession, including those who lost the jobs of a certain number of years, and those who were laid off.

Soudas said Ontario is working with more than 1,100 companies to help them reach new audiences and build their networks.

“We are working to make sure they have the tools and tools to create jobs, to create new jobs, and build new social networks,” he said.

With files from The Canadian Press and CTV Toronto’s Laura Smith